The organ was built in 1871 by Forster and Andrews, overhauled in 1919, restored and renovated in 1938, 1971 and again in 1994.
Part of the cost of the 1971 restoration was met by donations given in memory of The Rev. Dennis Jenkins, vicar of this parish 1960-1970, whose ashes are interred in the sanctuary.
The Organist and Choirmaster of this church was the late Geoffrey Winter B.E.M from 1960-2018. Unfortunately, since Geoff's passing the church has had no resident organist.