top of page
St. John's has two chapels within the Church. 
The Lady Chapel...
And St. George's Chapel...

St. George’s Chapel (shown right) is also known as The War Memorial Chapel. Situated in the south transept, it was dedicated in 1920.


The roll of honour contains names of men from the parish who served in World War One, and a list of Fallen in both wars is inscribed on the panelling beside the Altar. The windows in the chapel are copied from some in Chartres Cathedral.

bottom of page